JC Penney Announces Management Changes
15 Nov 2011 —
JC Penney has named Michael Kramer and Daniel Walker as Chief Operating Officer and Chief Talent Officer respectively.
- Kramer will take over the position effective December 5, 2011 and will report to Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Ron Johnson.
- In his role, he will be responsible for Finance, Investor Relations, Corporate Strategy, and Information Technology
- Kramer has about 20 years of experience in executive leadership with a focus on emerging consumer trends and markets.
- He has been the President and CEO of Kellwood Company, a US based manufacturer of premier fashion brands such as Scotch & Soda, Vince, and Rebecca Taylor.
- Prior to Kenwood, he was serving as the Executive Vice President
- Daniel Walker will take over the position effective November 16, 2011 and will report CEO Ron Johnson.
- Walker will be responsible for all HR functions at JC Penney.
- Previously, Walker has served Apple Retail from 2000 to 2004 as the Chief Talent Officer. He has also served Gap and helped the retailer in launching new concepts such as Gap Kids, Baby Gap, Gap International and a modernized Banana Republic.