02 Nov 2010 —
Best Buy Expands Magnolia Store-Within-a-Store Concept
Best Buy has expanded its Magnolia design centers by opening four new store-within-a-store concepts in California.
- Earlier in October 2010, it opened two new centers inside its stores in Roseville and San Carlos, California.
- Two new centers will also open inside the San Francisco Best Buy store on Harrison Street and inside a Best Buy store in San Diego's Mission Valley.
- The design centers will offer state-of-the-art services like solar solutions, whole home automation, and outdoor electronics. They will also stock audio and video solutions and premium brands such as McIntosh, Bowers&Wilkins, NuVision, Martin Logan, and Pioneer Elite.
- With these openings, Best Buy would operate a total of six Magnolia store-within-a-store concepts in the US.
- According to Chief Operating Officer and Senior Vice President of Magnolia Audio Video, Steve Delp, the retailer plans to open around 15 more design centers in beginning of March 2011 in its full-line stores.
According to Steve Delp, "Magnolia Design Centers provide a unique shopping environment for the home theater and technology enthusiast. We believe our customers near these new locations will benefit from not only having elite brands, services, and selection but also unparalleled experts to help create customized entertainment and home automation systems to fit their lifestyle."