eBay reported Q1 2017 results for the quarter ended March 31, 2017.
- Sales increased 4% (7% on constant currency basis) to USD2.2 billion compared to USD2.1 billion in the prior year.
- Revenue from Market platforms formed USD1.8 billion of revenue and increased 2% as compared to the previous year.
- Gross Merchandise Volume increased 2% (5% on constant currency basis), to USD20.9 billion driven by growth of active buyers, continued expansion of new user experiences and brand advertising.
- Active Buyers on eBay increased 4% to 169 million; during the quarter it added two million active buyers across its platforms.
- Net Profit increased 115% to USD1.0 billion compared to USD0.5 billion in the previous year, due to non-cash USD695 million income tax benefit related to the continued realignment of its legal structure, primarily impacting its foreign Classifieds platforms.
- For FY 2017, eBay expects revenue to be in the range of USD9.3 billion to USD9.5 billion
- Q2 2017 revenue is estimated to range from USD2.28 billion to USD2.32 billion