The Home Depot announced total sales for the second quarter ended July 29, 2018, increased 8.4% versus the same quarter a year ago to USD30.5 billion. Comps grew 8.0% overall and 8.1% in the U.S.
- Net earnings increased 31.2% to USD3.5 billion.
- Gross profit increased 9.6% to USD10.4 billion.
- Operating income increased 9.8% to USD4.9 billion.
- Average ticket increased 5.0% to USD66.20.
- Transactions increased by 3.1% compared to the same period a year ago.
The retailer also updated its Fiscal 2018 guidance:
- Sales are now expected to increase by approximately 7.0%.
- Comps are expected to increase by approximately 5.3%.
- Diluted earnings per share to grow 29.2% to USD9.42
As of July 29, 2018, The Home Depot operated 2,286 stores across the U.S., the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Canada, and Mexico.
Source: Home Depot PR