Cencosud, the Chilean retailer, has revealed its 2019 investment plans and forecasts:
- The retailer plans an investment of USD300 million, about USD20 million more than 2018.
- The capital will mostly be dedicated towards remodeling stores, technology and maintenance, in similar proportion to 2018.
- An amount of USD99 million will be directed towards strengthening its eCommerce proposition.
- Consolidated revenue of USD15.19 billion for FY2019, supported by a rise of sales in all countries except Argentina, "where the effect of the devaluation of the exchange rate is projected by the company ".
- The retailer expects an adjusted EBITDA margin of around 7.7%.
- All existing formats will experience some form of development like the incorporation of technological enhancements, automation of processes, adaptation and reform of existing stores; improvement to the business processes such as price management, promotions, and assortment of stores; search for improvements in the sourcing/planning processes and logistics operations capabilities.
Source: La Republica