Spain-based retailer Grupo Dia has reported results for its first quarter (Q1) 2019 ended 31 March 2019.
- Net sales decreased 7.2% year-over-year (y-o-y) to EUR1.66 billion. Excluding foreign exchange effects, sales decreased 6.1%.
- Like-for-like sales growth fell 4.3% compared to a decrease of 3.8% for the same period last year.
- Net loss amounted to EUR144.4 million versus a loss of EUR16.2 million for Q1 2018, as per the restated data.
- Adjusted EBITDA decreased 85.8% y-o-y to EUR12 million.
- Online sales increased 10.2% to EUR19.3 million.
Total gross sales decreased 14% to EUR2.03 billion. Excluding foreign exchange rates, sales decreased 2.3% y-o-y.
- Spain net sales were down 3.5% y-o-y to EUR975.6 million.
- Portugal net sales fell 5.6% y-o-y to EUR138.8 million.
- Argentina’s net sales decreased 22.6% y-o-y to EUR223.2 million. Excluding foreign exchange rates, sales increased 51.8% y-o-y.
- Brazil net sales slipped 5.6% y-o-y to EUR327 million. Excluding foreign exchange rates, sales increased 1.1% y-o-y.
DIA operated 6,087 stores at the period-end.
Source: Grupo Dia