Lowe’s announced total sales for the first quarter ended May 3rd, 2019.
- Net sales increased 2.2% compared to the same quarter a year ago to USD17.7B
- Comparable sales for the quarter increased 3.5% overall
- Comparable sales for the U.S. home improvement business increased 4.2%
- Comparable average ticket increased by 1.3%
- Transactions increased by 2.2%
The retailer also updated its Fiscal 2019 guidance:
- Sales are now expected to increase by approximately 2.0%.
- Comps are expected to increase by approximately 3.0%.
- Operating margin is expected to increase approximately 310 to 340 basis points
As of May 3rd, 2019, Lowe’s operated 2,002 stores across the U.S. and Canada
Source: Lowe's Press Release