The Home Depot announced total sales for the second quarter ended August 04, 2019, increased 1.2% versus the same quarter a year ago to USD30.8 billion. Comps grew 3.0% overall and 3.1% in the U.S.
- Net earnings decreased 0.8% to USD3.47 billion.
- Gross profit increased 0.6% to USD10.4 billion.
- Operating income decreased 0.1% to USD4.89 billion.
- Average ticket increased 1.7% to USD67.31.
- Transactions increased slightly to 455.5 million.
The retailer also updated its Fiscal 2019 guidance:
- Sales are now expected to increase by approximately 2.3%.
- Comps are expected to increase by approximately 4.0%.
- Diluted earnings per share to grow 3.1% to USD10.03
As of August 04, 2019, The Home Depot operated 2,291 stores across the U.S., the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, Canada, and Mexico.
Source: The Home Depot