Lowe’s has reported Q2 2019 results for the period ended August 2, 2019.
- Net Sales has increased 0.5% to USD21.0 billion compared to Q2 2018.
- Comparable sales for the quarter increased 2.3% overall and 3.2% in the U.S.
- Operating income increased 11.3% to USD2.4 billion
- Average ticket increased 2.0%
- Transactions declined 2.7%
Based on its year-to-date performance, the Company maintained its fiscal 2019 guidance.
- Sales are expected to grow 2%.
- Comps are expected to grow approximately 3%.
- Earnings per share expected to be in the range of USD5.54 and USD5.74.
- Operating margin is expected to increase 310 to 340 basis points.
- Adjusted operating margin is expectd to increase 20 to 50 basis points.
As of August 2, 2019, Lowe’s operated 2,003 stores across the United States and Canada.